cardboard roll from kitchen towel
1. Take your egg or eggs that you will be using, soft boil your eggs then eat them.
2. Wash your eggs out thoroughly before you start to paint them.
3. Paint your egg with a white acrylic paint. The acrylic paint will create a water tight layer. Giving your egg a nice clean white base layer will mean any colour you paint on top will be bright and colourful.
4. Cut your kitchen roll tube in half, and then half again.
5. Paint your kitchen roll the colour you would like your cress heads body to be.
6. Paint an egg head with the face of your choice.
7. Add any fine details, with a thin permanent marker.
8. Rip up some kitchen towel, and place inside the head.
9. Plant your seeds on top of the kitchen towel, water well and leave on a sunny window sill.
Why not try out lots of different characters. these little heads take no time to grow and within a week you will see fab results.
Having graduated in Costume design from Wimbledon school of art, London, in 2001.