1. Paint the wooden spoons white to prime the wood.
2. Paint the spoons your preferred colours.
3. Carefully paint oval faces into the centre of your spoon. They need not be white, I only painted them like this for effect.
4. Wait for all you paint to dry, then taking a pencil mark out the faces on the spoons.
5. Paint your faces onto your wooden spoons.
6. When all the paint is dry, out line all the features with a permanent black pen.
7. Collect together all your scrap fabric to make clothes for your puppets.
8. fold your fabric into quarters, then snip a very small corner from the folded tip. This is to allow the spoon handle to be feed through the puppets outfit.
9. open the felt up so it is folded in half with the hole on the fold. Cut out the out fit you would like your puppet to wear. Using your glue spread glue on all the edges except for the bottom, so your hand can fit up the skirt.
10. Firmly stick together the decorate as necessary.
11. Place glue around the spoons neck and firmly attach the puppets out fit onto the spoon. Allow to dry.
Having graduated in Costume design from Wimbledon school of art, London, in 2001.